Tuesday, April 20, 2010

dorothy height


dorothy height

Dorothy I. Height, in most lives fighting on behalf of women and blacks, who died at the age of 98.Height of the former president of the National Council of Negro Women for more than 40 years ago, President Dwight Eisenhower's advice to Bill Clinton's civil rights and gender. He helped advance the legislation, a landmark school desegregation, voting rights and equality in the workplace.Born in Richmond, Virginia, in 1912, first joined the height of the civil rights movement as a teenager, marching in New York's Times Square against lynching. In the years 1950 and 1960, she helped the movement to the national forefront.

In 1963, he was the only woman on the platform of the speaker, when the king handed over the "I Have a Dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial.In 1994, Bill Clinton has issued the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the country's highest military award. Ten years later, was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal.In an interview during the 2003's NewsHour, Gwen Ifill Height said: "I am always optimistic, because I have a lasting faith. And I think that somehow the act of governing, and you have to work, I think, not a right impossible. I think , we can reach ... But every fight, it seems that fought hard and work hard, and me. And so I think with the belief that we can bring about change. "More to the height of the program on Tuesday. Here are some videos about life in the height of the civil rights movement, and has received the Congressional Gold Medal in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment