Wednesday, June 9, 2010

scott rothstein


scott rothstein


Scott Rothstein learned on Wednesday, just months after the system implode Ponza who in the next 50 years to life in prison."I am truly and deeply sorry for what I did. I do not expect your forgiveness. I do not know," Rothstein told the court that the Sun-Sentinel. "I am ashamed and humbled.Rothstein was Wednesday U.S. District Judge James Cohn in Fort Lauderdale the courtroom.Sun-Sentinel said Rothstein, "and appeared visibly changed in the six months of federal detention, is much thinner in the near-shaven hair and gray goatee."

Rothstein requested clemency in a letter he wrote to the court before the sentence. Rothstein said he considers suicide before returning to the United States to face federal charges.A prison sentence of 10 years more than prosecutors recommended, caps a rapid fall of Rothstein, who are no longer a law firm Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler was once a growing force in the South Florida legal circles.Taste, elegant Italian sports car, an 87-foot custom yacht, glittering watches and big cigars made it seem more life, and made it a favorite of politicians and sports stars. Rothstein told the court, but in a letter, it was all a facade for their "greed and ego to feed.""I knew everything that I can raise the myth alive, to feed the beast I have done and try to keep myself above the law," said Rothstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment